15 May 2018
• bite +3 (1d6 plus poison)
SP hallucination aura 20'
Exceedingly deadly, the Confusion Crawler emanates a gas that causes humanoids to hallucinate. Anyone within 20' of the Crawler must roll a Fort Save vs a DC 13 or suffer the hallucination effect. Anyone who makes the Save must continue to roll the Save each round they are in the scope of the effect. Sooner or later, they will succumb....
The hallucinations include distortions in temporal and spatial acuity and false visions (things that aren't there or not seeing things that are there). Roll for each affected character each round:
1. Does "nothing" -- lost in the previous moment as if it were still occurring.
2. Act as "normal" but move up the Dice Chain one step -- hyper-lucid perception
3. Act as "normal" but move two steps down the Dice Chain -- distorted perception
4. Act as "normal" but actions are redirected by the Judge (randomly or otherwise) to affect something or someone other than intended.
(Dice Chain shifts affect all dice, Action Die, damage dice, Saves, etc.)
The hallucination effect continues while in range, or lasts for 1d5+3 rounds if removed from the radius.
The Crawler's bite includes a poison which causes targets to simply lay down and not move, unless they can succeed at a Will Save vs. DC 10. Those affected will lay down peacefully, limp and listless, for 2d12 rounds.
The Confusion Crawler is semi-intelligent and can manipulate objects with it's tiny "hands". It is 20 feet long.
The Confusion Crawler is easily part of Hangmoor Prison, an entry in the One Page Dungeon Contest for 2018.
Hit Dice: 5 + 1
Armor Class: 6
Alignment: chaotic Evil
Treasure Type: O x3, Q
The hallucination requires a save vs. poison, as does the poison from the bite. Hallucination effects are the same as above, but any reference to the Dice Chain is simply a +1 or -2 adjustment to die rolls, as appropriate.